Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Thoughts and Prayers to Those in Moore, Ok

Our final leg in this trip took us through Moore, OK ..... the day after that darned tornado.  So sad.

Traffic on I35N came to a standstill just north of Norman, OK.  And it was a grey, rainy day to boot!  This is what it looked like when traffic came to a stop.
Three lanes of traffic, going nowhere.  To give you an idea of how much traffic there was....
This is taken as we crept around a curve.... See all of the taillights ahead of us??  This continued right up until we got to the place where the tornado had crossed the highway.
And no, this photo doesn't do the devastation justice.  

All of the exits to/from Moore on I35 were closed, so one has to wonder where or why all of these people were on the road.  It took us 1 1/2 hours to go from just north of Norman to just north of Moore.  That is approximately 10 miles.  

On a lighter note, today was "empty the trailer, clean the trailer, and do laundry day".  Ugh.  This is the "not fun" part of tripping around in a fifth wheel.  When I'm making trips to/from the trailer and putting things away around the house, Ginger tends to follow me and that wears her out.  Today, she decided that we have WAAAAY too much laundry to do after a trip, so she decided to take a nap in the piles of dirty clothes!
She can always make me smile.  :)




2 comments:

  1. I agree, the injuries and loss are disheartening. Having lived in tornado alley I understand the fear but, luckily, never had significant damage and no injury from a storm. I see all the beauty of nature in the National Parks and then the destruction of nature like this. And the people of Moore have been hit with more than their share of it. Luckily you had only minor damage at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my anonymous friend..... many thanks for your comments. You are correct..... all I had to do was get that brief glimpse of Moore from the freeway and I decided that some hail damage wasn't such a big thing. :)

    ReplyDelete