Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Let's Go!

Okay, let's go! Oh, no....wait....damn, I have to go back.... I broke a nail!


Well, it was almost like that. I spent a couple of hours yesterday at the nail salon -- getting pampered with a pedicure and manicure. Then yesterday evening at Walmart..... yes, I know. We haven't even gotten on the road yet and we are already at Walmart. Go figure. Anyway, we were at Walmart, checking out the plastic storage boxes and I managed to snap the corner of my nail off while trying to get one of the clasps on the box to work. Argh!!!! Of course by that time of the evening, the nail place was already closed. Sigh. So I had resigned myself to picking at the darned thing for the next couple of days while we are on the road.

But my wonderful husband gets me. Too well, sometimes. When he heard the the salon opens at 9am, he suggested that I get my nail fixed before we left. Thank you, babe. All better now. :)

So we were a little later getting started this morning than anticipated. Partly because of the nail debacle. And partly because of the rain. Max washed his truck yesterday, so you just know it had to rain! It actually started about 3am this morning. How do I know that? Well, Miss Gabi was very vocal about the fact that she doesn't like thunder. So after a trip outside, she and Ginger joined us in the big bed. But I digress.

We had planned on leaving about 9 this morning, but finally got away about 10. Oh well, when you are retired and traveling in a fifth wheel, who cares what time?!?

So now we are on the highway headed south and into Oklahoma. Summer has grudgingly decided to make an appearance and we are seeing something that is blooming REALLY yellow in some if the fields. .l


No idea what crop it is ... Or perhaps, it is just a really good stand of flowering weeds. :)

So where are we headed now? Galveston, of course! Kaitlyn is graduating from Texas A&M on Saturday and we wouldn't miss that for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment