Thursday, July 3, 2014

Just another day in paradise

It was just another day in paradise, But first a message from the dogs. 

Chuckle. Robbie sent that to me and I just had to share. And of course, it is true!  

We started the day with an awesome, guy-cooked breakfast..... Breakfast burritos this time. Yummy!

And then we girls went to town for some shopping. I use the word "town" loosely cause there isn't much in the town of Shell Knob.  Although us being girls and all, we did manage to find a couple of places. :)  We stopped at a converted church that had some wonderful antiques. They had the added bonus of a farmers market so we found a few things.

Then we went to a place called Treasures that had booths from different folks. In one booth, I saw these.  


They caught my eye, because they are exactly like the glasses that Grandmother Morris used to make coke floats.... Or as my sister reminded me, "floats with coke". :)

And then we went grocery shopping. What WERE we thinking?!?!?  Imagine your grocery store the day before Thanksgiving. Really, it was that crowded!  But I have to say that the folks there were cheerful and nice, so overall a pleasant shopping excursion.                                

Then we went out for a while on the boats for more floating.  This is Nancy, Bailey, and Robbie on their new boat.  Sharp looking boat!


My new experience for the day was washing my hair..... in the lake!  The water that comes to the trailers and shower houses here is VERY hard water.  And no matter how I try, it just doesn't seem as though my hair feels clean.  When I mentioned it to the rest of the crew, they talked about how soft the water in the lake is and how great it feels to wash your hair in it.  After some skepticism on my part, I decided to give it a try.  Nancy and Judy both actually carry shampoo on their boats!  So right now, I have clean, shiny, soft, manageable hair!  :)

After floating for a while, we decided to call it a day.  It was quite a bit cooler today, so I think we all got tired of shivering.  

So we girls did a bit more shopping.  Who knew that you could find cool things in a marina!?  I managed to find ball caps for Max and I, a tee shirt, and even a cool pair of sun glasses.  Sweet!

As always, we capped the evening with an excellent dinner.  Tonite was Mexican nite.  On the table before you there is beef, chicken, and pork for tacos.... along with beans and rice.  Oh, and homemade salsa and guacamole.  

Bet you wish you were having dinner with us!  Grin.


No comments:

Post a Comment